Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Amateur At Play Test Pressing Mixes - Episode #4

It's been quite some time since I did the last one of these Test Pressing mixes. Life has changed a fair bit since the last time I did one, if you're wondering what the reason is. I now have an eight-week old son to look after, so there's not quite as much time for getting behind the decks as there used to be!

I'm going to be releasing Volume #3 of my tracks on Bandcamp in just a few days time, so I thought this was the perfect time to do another set. It will have five of my recent creations, three of which feature in this set. I've also featured a bunch of remixes that I've done lately, and some of my current favourites from across the spectrum of house music. 

From an almost techno-inspired Daniel Johns dub that I did a while ago to the very feminine sounds of Jodi Valentín, I think this mix takes in house music in a lot of its varieties. Without further ado, here's the mix. Let me know what you think and feel free to download a copy!

The Amateur At Play Test Pressing Mix – Session #4


Tracklisting:
1. Closer (Amateur At Play’s Two Decades Vocal Mix) – Mood II Swing Feat. Carole Sylvan
2. Gettin’ Money (Amateur At Play’s Two Decades Dub) – Donald XL Robertson Feat. V.A. Streetz
3. Light In My Heart (Ross Couch Dub) – True2Life Feat. Phillip Ramirez
4. Just Before The Baby Comes – Amateur At Play
5. Turn Off The Lights (Who’s Afraid Of The Dark?) (Satoshi Tomiie Remix) – Kerri Chandler
6. Aerial Love (Amateur At Play’s Ethereally Infatuated Dub) – Daniel Johns
7. I’m So Glad (Catz ’N Dogz Remix) – Marquis Hawkes Feat. Jocelyn Brown
8. Let Loose The Light (Amateur At Play’s Two Decades Vocal Mix) – Sterling Void Feat. Paris Brightledge
9. Oxygen (Full Intention Remix) – Paul Harris Feat. Ayah Marar
10. How Does It Feel? (Sean’s Labour Of Love Dub) – Sean McCabe Feat. HanLei
11. Are You Gonna Eat That Record? – Amateur At Play
12. The Difficult Third Track – Scott Diaz
13. Gotta Know (Amateur At Play’s Two Decades Vocal Mix) – Rick Marshall Feat. Amrick Channa
14. June (Lilac Jeans Vocal Dub) – Distant People Feat. Sofia Rubina
15. Sample Pack Culture – Amateur At Play
16. Yeh Yeh! – Snazzy Trax
17. What You Desire (Amateur At Play’s Two Decades Vocal Mix) – Jodi Valentín
18. I Often Wonder (Amateur At Play’s Two Decades Vocal Mix) – DJ Soul Caizler Feat. Darian Crouse
19. Rasta (Amateur At Play’s Two Decades Vocal Mix) – Jah Cure
20. Walking On A Dream (Amateur At Play's Uplifting Vocal Mix) – Empire Of The Sun
21. Can’t Use My Phone (Amateur At Play’s Uplifting Vocal Mix) – Erykah Badu

No comments:

Post a Comment